Sparky Jr.

You can buy the 7 inch Lilliput USB screen for 100 dollars at think geek. It runs of USB so it doesn't need the whole AC/DC to DC thing.

I am working on a dock hack to be able to charge the netbook and Roomba form the dock and so far all is good. (You need a different charger to supply more amps but I will post more details later!)

BEN!

Check out RobotsReview.com! Make sure you PM Fraggboy if you join and tell him bhylak recommended you!

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-4780515-Dualpix-Infinite-Webcam/dp/B... Is a better webcam, is capable of autofocus and looks much cooler. My order is still delayed. Sorry guys!

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw that USB screen, but thought it might be too good to be true. Let us know how it works!
I already ordered it. I will post as soon as I get it with a follow-up post on how it works on my robot.
You could call it a sparkyJr, but it has missile launchers range sensors, robotic arms, 3D Webcams and the docking system I mentioned earlier that is made from a regular dock but with a different charger it can supply more amperage and charge everything. That is why I am using the USB so I don't have any more wires and diodes. :)

Well I'll keep you posted!
Sounds cool. Please post when you've got stuff working (any vids you could add would be huge too).
frank
i surely will!

Rigorhill said:
Sounds cool. Please post when you've got stuff working (any vids you could add would be huge too).
frank
Did your USB monitor show up? I'm eager to get one but I wanted to see if it worked for you. Also, any reports on the dock charger? Sounded like a big improvement. Thanks.
frank
I *think* it will work. Only thing in my way is if the base can handle 3 amps... I will post everything late Dec. early Jan... No it didn't show up yet. It will work though but you are probably looking for performance. I am obviously going to run the power through the base for a while to see if it can hold up. Test with multimeter than plus computer in. (I make it sound so easy. "Hey guys I am just going to plug it in!" ) lol

I can send you a parts list if you want to get started.

Tips: Get an autofocus camera. I am getting a USB Pen so I can make a map of the house then one map out where I have been and to draw. :) I am most likely going to install GPS, and IR beacons.

Jeese this is going to be better than the 7,000 dollar robots! I don't know any robot that shoots *cough* foam *cough* missiles! (I am working on an Air-Soft mod. :) )
I made an edit. I found this amazing webcam. One of the many things I will be trying soon...

Benjamin H said:
I *think* it will work. Only thing in my way is if the base can handle 3 amps... I will post everything late Dec. early Jan... No it didn't show up yet. It will work though but you are probably looking for performance. I am obviously going to run the power through the base for a while to see if it can hold up. Test with multimeter than plus computer in. (I make it sound so easy. "Hey guys I am just going to plug it in!" ) lol

I can send you a parts list if you want to get started.

Tips: Get an autofocus camera. I am getting a USB Pen so I can make a map of the house then one map out where I have been and to draw. :) I am most likely going to install GPS, and IR beacons.

Jeese this is going to be better than the 7,000 dollar robots! I don't know any robot that shoots *cough* foam *cough* missiles! (I am working on an Air-Soft mod. :) )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Marque Cornblatt.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service