I finally have all my parts and began the testing procedure tonight (along with banging my head against the wall).
1. iRobot Mac running 10.5.6 with USB-serial adapter. I confirmed the adapter is working and talking to icreate via zterm. Sparkyjr irobot server installed with Skype 2.8
2. joystick Mac running 10.5.8. SparkyJr joystick controller is installed with Skype 2.8
1. Both Macs establish a successful skype video call.
2. start irobot server on irobot mac and click connect. I get a scrolling screen of "CALL ## DURATION ##"
3. Click connect on joystick mac and the same data is shown, scrolling by...(this looks like a skype log"
4. I press the joystick buttons and nothing happens. I don't see any data sent from the joystick mac and i don't see any data being received on the irobot mac.
5. further, I don't have the screen that is posted in your instructions with the joystick keys. The screen with the "Drive Sparky" in the title bar.
1. Wrong software - Did i install the wrong software by not having the "drive sparky" in the title screen? or is the "drive sparky" title screen a result of a successful connection?
2. double checking - I saw another post on this, but to confirm:
* robot mac should have the following software ONLY: Skype 2.8 and irobot server
* joystick mac should have the following software ONLY: Skype 2.8 and joystick controller
Both macs, in the API window, show the title bar, "Skype API Test"
Ughhh, i my head hurts.